Here you can check your TAN Status. The citizens those who have applied for TAN Application can get Application Status Online. The NSDL is providing services to know TAN Application Status. So, the citizens should follow the below-mentioned procedure to know the TAN Number. Therefore, you can track your TAN Application Status from the below sections.
Know TAN Status – Online
- You should select the “TAN-New/Change Request”.
- Then enter the 14-digit unique Acknowledge number.
- You have to click the submit button.
- Finally, you can track your TAN Application Status from online.
After applying to the TAN, it will take some time to know your TAN Number. Meanwhile, you can track your TAN Application Status by online. Only through NSDL Website, you can get the TAN (TAX deduction and collection account number) Status. So, we have provided detailed steps to know your TAN Application status quickly.
The TAN is a 10-digit alphanumeric number. The TAN Number is issued by a person who wants to collect or deduct tax on the payments they have made. Also TAN is to obtain by an individual who is paying commission or salary to anyone. For example TAN Number ANBA99999B. The first four characters are letters in which the first three letters indicate the state or city. The next five characters are numbers, and the last character is a letter.
The citizens who had applied for TAN Card need not go the Income tax office to know their TAN Application. The Income tax office is providing an online process to check the Status. Also, there are many advantages of having TAN like the TAN number can use for deductions like salary, interest, dividend. A person should not hold more than one TAN. But the person who has accounts of different divisions or branches can apply or separate TAN for each division or branch.
TAN Application Form – Online/Offline
The people who want to apply for TAN Card should download the 49B application form (from online websites NSDL). You can also get the application form from the income tax office. Then fill the form and submit it to any TIN Facilitation Centers.The Form 49B Application is for New TAN Number.
Then applicants can also download the correction TAN Form. Also, you need to submit the required documents list for TAN while submitting the Application form to the TIN facilitation centers. After that, you have to pay the fee of Rs.63/- in the form cheque or cash or through demand draft.
NSDL TAN Application Status
You can know your TAN Status through NSDL official website. By the NSDL official website, only you can know your TAN Number Status. So, here we have provided detailed steps. Thus, follow them and know your TAN Application Status. There are two methods to know status easily they are
- Know TAN status using Acknowledgement number
- Know status of TAN basis onTransaction number
By these two methods, you can easily know the TAN Number Status. Also, you should once refer to the TAN Card details before applying for TAN. So that, follow any one of the methods to know Tax deduction and collection account number Status quickly.
With the Acknowledge Number
- First, log on to the official site of NSDL. i.e. www.tin-nsdl.com
- Later it will take to the official site where you have to click on the TAN as shown in below figure.
- After that, you have to click on know status of your application. Then it takes to the next page as shown below.
- There you have to select the Application type as TAN-New/Change request.
- Then it automatically selects the Acknowledgement number there you should enter your reference number and click on the submit button.
- Finally, it will display the Status of your TAN Number. i.e. which is shown below.
Know your TAN Status by Transaction Number
- To know the TAN application status, you have to log into i.e. tin.tin.nsdl.com/tan/changemode.html
- Then it takes to the page as shown below.
- Later select the Transaction number and enter the number and click on Show status button.
- Finally, you can know your TAN status.
TAN Complaints or Queries
If you have any queries or problems in obtaining TAN then you can register your doubts or complaints on the official site which is given below. Here we have provided the official website to register your complaints. So, follow the steps carefully and complete the process to register.
- First of all open the official site i.e. www.tin-nsdl.com
- On the right side of that page, you will see the complaints and queries link which is shown below.
- Then click on it, you will directly get the complaints and queries site. So, that you can easily register on it. then the application will appear as the below format.
- In the application form, you can select either query or complaint. Then you should fill the details and enter your query or complaint.
- Finally, click on submit button.
If you want more information regarding TAN then you can
- call TDS/PAN Call center at 020-27218080.
- Or you can send an email to the address email@example.com.
- Send SMS NSDLTAN<space>Acknowledgement NO. and send to 57575 to obtain or get the TAN status.
- Fax: 020 – 27218081.
- And also you can send a letter to the Address: NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited, 5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony, Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016.