TAN Application Form is here. If you want to apply for TAN, download the 49B application form. We are giving the complete details about TAN online Application form and applying process in the below sections. So, read the full article to know more information about Tax deduction and collection Account Number, track TAN application.
TAN Application Form
The candidates who want to apply for TAN can apply here. You can apply for TAN number by filling the 49B form through online or offline. TAN Number is mainly used for deducting or collection of Tax. Under the section 203A of the Income TAX Act, 1961 TAN is mandatory for every individual who collects and deduct Taxes. Therefore, the candidates who collect or deduct tax must have TAN. Tax deduction and collection Account Number is represented as a 10 digit alpha-numeric code. The individuals who collect tax without TAN have to pay a penalty of Rs.10,000.
Every person should carry only one TAN number. If in case, you collect tax in different divisions and branches he can take separate Tax deduction and collection Account Numbers according to the Division. We are providing the TAN Application process in the below sections. You can also download the TAN Application 49B form freely from the bottom of the links. So, follow the below sections carefully to get the complete details of Tax deduction and collection Account Number. and TAN application form download.
How to Apply for TAN
The people who want to apply for TAN have to download the 49B Form. You can request a Tax deduction and collection Account Number either in Online or Offline Process as per your convenience. The TAN application fees is Rs.63 (Rs.55 for Application fee + Rs.15 for Service TAX).
Download TAN Application 49B Form
|Format||TAN Application Form|
|TAN 49B Application Form|
So, download the TAN application form PDF wherein you can fill your details.
Categories of TAN
- Central/ State Government or Local Authority.
- Hindu Family.
- Branch or Division of a Company.
- Branch of Individual Business (Sole Proprietorship concern).
- Firm / Association of Persons (Trust).
- Artificial Judicial Person.
- Boby of Individual.
- Statutory or Autonomous Bodies.
The Categories of the Tax deduction and collection Account Number Application Form are given in the above steps. While applying for the TAN, the candidates have to select the category on the 49B Form.
How to Apply for TAN
The individuals can apply for TAN in two ways. They are either online process or offline process. We are providing the 2 processing methods for the applicants who want to apply for the New TAN. Before applying once read the instructions and guidelines of Tax deduction and collection Account Number. Therefore, you can fill the application form without any mistakes. So, the interested candidates can follow the guidelines and the below online and offline methods for getting a New TAN Number.
Apply TAN Online
We are providing some simple steps to apply for the TAN. Therefore, the people who don’t know the applying process of TAN can follow the below NSDL TAN Application steps.
- First of all, go to the official website www.tin-nsdl.com.
- Search for the TAN on the page.
- If you find the Tax collection and deduction Account Number option Click on it.
- Select the category from the drop down list.
- Click on the apply online option.
- It shows a new TAN and Correction or Change TAN data options.
- If you want to apply for New TAN Number click on it, otherwise go to the Correction or Change TAN data option.
- A form appears on the screen with some Guidelines of TAN.
- Read the instructions once and scroll down the page.
- At the bottom of the page, you can see Apply for New TAN number and Apply New TAN (Dsc Users) options.
- Choose a category from the given list and click on the Select button.
- An NSDL TAN Application form appears on the screen.
- Fill the form in Block Letters without any mistakes.
- The * mark boxes are mandatory to fill.
- After filling the form click on the submit button, if any mistakes are there in the Form it shows you.
- Resubmit the TAN number Application form after editing the errors.
- Pay the Application Fee Rs. 63 through demand draft or Check, or Debit Card, or Net banking, or Credit card.
- Take a printout of the Application form and attach the necessary documents required for TAN application like duly signed acknowledgment number, Demand draft receipt.
- Name the Application form as Application for TAN – 14 Digits Acknowledgment Number.
- Forward the Application form to the below address, and it should reach the address before 15 days. Otherwise, it will be rejected by the higher authorities. You have to apply for TAN NSDL number again.
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th floor, Mantri Sterling,
Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8,
Near Deep Bungalow Chowk,
Pune – 411016
Note: The TAN Application should reach the above address before 15 days. If it does not reach the mentioned address, you have to apply again by the same process and know your TAN application status. After applying for the TAN Number, you can check your TAN Status here.
Offline Process to Apply for TAN
The below steps are the Offline processing steps to apply for New TAN. So, the candidates who want to apply for Tax collection and deduction Account Number have to read the below steps. The people who don’t know the applying process of TAN no. can also follow the mentioned steps to Apply for TAN.
- Download the TAN 49B Application form from the official website: www.tin-nsdl.com.
- You can also collect the TAN number application from in TIN Centers.
- Fill the 49B TAN form with block letters.
- Fill all the boxes mainly * mark columns because they are mandatory.
- Do not attach any documents to the TAN no. application form.
- Submit the 49B TAN Application Form at the TIN Centers.
- Pay the Application Fee by cash or in the form of cheque or demand draft.
- You will receive the TAN Number through a post.
TIN Facilitation Centers
The individuals who are applying for TAN through the Offline process can check the below sections to know the TIN facility centers. If you know the TIN centers you can easily apply for the TAN. Go to your near TIN Centers by checking through the below links. We are also providing some simple steps for getting the details of TAN Centers. So, the people can know the TIN facilitation centers with the help of the below images to apply for Tax collection and deduction Account Number.
- First of all, go to the official website: Click here to open the website.
- A page appears on the screen as shown in the below image.
- As shown in the below figure select the state and location.
- You can get the list of TIN Centers in your location.
- Check your near location and submit your 49B TAN Application form to get a New TAN.
Online Centers for TAN
The aspirants who want to apply for Tax deduction and collection Account Number through online can use the below online TAN Application services. We are providing some TAN services on this page. So, the candidates who are applying through online can use this information to get a New TAN number. After applying, you can check TAN Status online.
- Apply Online for TAN through NSDL.
- Download the 49B Application form from the Official Website.
How to apply for TAN Change Form
After applying for TAN, you will receive the TAN Number. If there are any mistakes misprinted on the TAN Card, you can change them quickly. The Indian government is providing some services for the people. By using those services, people can change their TAN Card if any mistakes occur. To change name, Surname, address, mobile number, etc., you have to apply for TAN Change or Correction form. We are providing some simple steps in the below sections for applying for TAN correction form.
- First of all, go to official website.
- A page appears on the screen. Search the service option on the page and click it.
- You will see some categories. From the list select TAN.
- Search for the TAN Change or Correction form.
- Select the category and fill the form.
- The * mark blocks are necessary and also mandatory to fill.
- If you want to change your name in TAN Card, then tick the corresponding box on the left side of the margin.
- In the same way, tick the relevant blocks on the left side of the margin for which purpose you are applying for New TAN.
- After filling the form click on submit button.
- You have to pay the application fee through credit card, debit card, net banking, cheque or demand draft.
- Write your name and acknowledgment number on the backside of the demand draft.
- Attach the necessary documents to the application and keep it in an envelope.
- Heading the envelope as Application for TAN and 14 digits Acknowledgment number.
- Send it to the above address before 15 days.