The Applicants whose age is below 18 years can apply for Minor PAN Card. Check the Application process of PAN Card for Minor from our site. Get the Information about Minor PAN Card from here. You can know the complete details about the process to apply, important documents for Minor PAN card, etc. from below sections.
PAN Card for Minor – Can a Minor apply for PAN Card
Absolutely yes, the Minors can apply for a PAN Card. Everyone thought that a PAN Card is allotted to a person once he/ she turns 18 years of age. The Income tax department allows PAN Card to minors without any problem. In the case, if you want to make them as a nominee of your investments like property. So, in that case, it is mandatory to have PAN Card for Minor Child. Thus, if you want to make any investments in the name of your minor child, then you need to provide a PAN Card to your child. Once the PAN Card is issued, then it acts as one of the identity proof and also eligible to access different financial issues.
Importance of Minor PAN Card
The PAN is a Unique Identification Code of Indian Citizens who pay tax. Permanent Account Number is a 10-digit alphanumeric code issued by the Income Tax Department under the guidance of CBDT. The Individuals who are paying taxes should have a PAN Card. Also, the individuals who are Non-residents Indians, and also having a business interest in the country should have the PAN Card. The PAN Card has Legally accepted throughout the India without effect any change in Address. Check out the Procedure for applying for PAN Card of Minor.
Applying for Minor PAN Card
The process of applying PAN Card for Minor is a very simple procedure. The Government is providing two different methods to complete the process for those who apply for the Minor PAN Card. i.e. online and offline.
Online Application Process for Minor PAN card
The below-given procedure should be followed to complete the online application process for Minor PAN card.
- First, visit the Tax Information Network official website of the NSDL and click the “Online PAN Application” link.
- Then select the required Form 49 or Form 49A based on your residency status.
- Later read the instructions carefully then only select the category of the applicant from the drop down list.
- Click select option and begun to fill the details in the required fields in the form that appears on the screen.
- Then upload the required documents by following the guidelines mentioned in the form and pay the application fee through online.
- After completing the application form click on submit button. Then you will get a reference number which can be used to track PAN Card Status.
- Finally, PAN Card will send by post to the address mentioned in the application form.
Offline Application Process for Minor PAN Card
- Download PAN Application Form 49A (if you are Indians) or Form 49AA (for Indians not residence in India) from the official website of the Income Tax Department.
- Then fill the Download PAN Card Application Form for Minors with necessary details.
- After that attach Xerox photocopies of documents required for PAN Card.
- Then submit the PAN Application form with necessary documents to the nearest UTISl office along with the fee.
- After verifying all the details, the PAN Card will send to the address mentioned in the Application form.
Documents for Minor PAN Card
All the Minors who are applying for PAN Card should submit the required documents with the Form 49A or Form 49AA. The required documents list is as follows:
- Birth Registration Certificate issued by Municipal Corporation.
- Form 49A is to be filled in Representative Assessee – Details of Father/Guardian is to be submitted.
- There is no need for a photo for Minor PAN card, and the Father/Guardian should sign the documents.
The List of documents that the Father/Guadian should submit for Minor PAN Card as a proof of identity and Address. they are listed below
Proof of Identity:
- Elector’s Photo identity card
- Driving License
- Ration Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Photo ID card issued by the state or central govt.
Proof of Address:
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar card issued by UIDAI
- Domicile Certificate
- Property of Registration document
Note: The Father /Guardian should submit any one of the following list documents as an Identity proof and Address proof for Minor PAN Card. For more details about documents check the below link.
Update PAN Card of Minor to Major
If a Minor child has PAN Card and when he/she becomes major then the existing PAN card his/her name and other details to be modified. We have given simple and easy steps to update PAN Card of Minor to Major with all details.
Opening Fresh Account Application form
- After completing 18 years, an individual who has a PAN Card that was taken during Minor is expected to apply for a fresh account by downloading the Form 49A or form 49AA.
Filling PAN Application form
- The PAN Card of Minors does not have any photo and sign on it. So, on attaining Maturity, an individual has to Sign in the application form and also need to submit color photographs along with the form.
- Applicant needs to submit relevant documents including Identity, address proofs, and photographs.
Submission and Payment
- The individuals can fill the PAN Application form either offline or online. After completing the application form, the individuals need to submit necessary documents with the PAN Application. Then they have to pay Application fee depending on the address.
- Minor PAN Card Application Fee within India: Rs.107/-
- Outside the Country: Rs.989/-
Minor PAN Card Status
- On successful payment, an individual will get Acknowledgement number which can we can use to track the Minor PAN Status.
Benefits of Minor PAN Card
Some of the Benefits for Minor PAN Card are mentioned below:
- The PAN Card is important and mandatorily required in the case if you make them as a nominee of your investments like stocks, property.
- Also in the case, if you want to make any investment like PPF for your minor child. For that, you need a PAN Card for Minor.
To know more about PAN Card Details, visit our site regularly. You can find all the Minor PAN card updates on our site www.trackpancard.com