Do you have Duplicate PAN Cards? Check the Online PAN Card Cancellation process and download the PAN Cancellation form. You can find both PAN Card Cancellation Online/ Offline methods in this article. Therefore, you can surrender Duplicate/ extra/ Aditional PAN cards to the TIN – FC (tax information network facilitation centre). PAN Card cancellation application form is also available below.
PAN Card Cancellation Process
You can Surrender PAN Card manually or through Online. Every assessee who has more than one PAN card should surrender or cancel the additional PAN Card. Everyone who has 2 or more PAN cards have to pay a penalty of Rs. 10,000 to the Income Tax Department. This penalty is imposed as per the section 272B of Income-tax Act, 1961. Therefore, to avoid such penalties immediately apply for PAN Card Cancellation. Go through this page completely to know PAN cards cancellation process. You cancel PAN card manually or through Online. Note that according to the Income tax department every citizen will be issued only one PAN Card. For any reason having more than one PAN card with the same address/name/number leads to payment of penalty unnecessarily.
Reasons to Cancel/ Surrender Extra/ Additional PAN Card?
- If the assessee has applied for the PAN card multiple times, the Income tax department will issue more than one card. In such cases, you have to surrender the PAN card as soon as possible.
- The Income tax department/ NSDL sometimes issue more than one PAN card with the same name, unfortunately. In those cases also, it is mandatory for every individual to cancel PAN card.
- One more reason for the cancellation of PAN card is if you are facing any errors in the PAN Card which is currently in use.
All the assessee’s who have multiple PAN cards for the above mentioned reasons can apply for the cancellation of the duplicate PAN card. You can simply follow the steps provided in the below sections of this page and Cancel your PAN card. Simply follow PAN card cancellation process online below and surrender PAN soon.
Online PAN Card Cancellation – Firm/ Partnership/ Company
- All the taxpayers who have the additional PAN card, go to the NSDL website or make use of the direct link given below.
- Then, a page will be displayed with a title “Surrender of Duplicate PAN’s“.
- You have to fill all the columns on that PAN Card cancellation form online carefully and click on submit button.
- Then the process of Online PAN Cancellation will be completed successfully.
Note: The Online PAN Card Cancellation Form is available at the Income Tax Official site.
Requirements needed for PAN Card Online Cancellation process
- Name of the Visitor.
- Contact Details (STD Code, telephone number, Address, mail id).
- Name of the PAN Holder (Fathers name, DOB, First name, middle name, last name).
- PAN(Permanent Account Number) to be retained.
- Details of the Duplicate PAN card to be Surrendered.
Offline PAN Card Cancellation Form
PAN card offline cancellation is nothing but the surrendering/ cancelling the PAN Card manually. The following are the steps to cancel Duplicate PAN card offline. Therefore, every assessee who has duplicate PAN cards can simply follow the below PAN Cancellation through offline procedure.
- The assessee has to write a letter to the Jurisdiction Assessee Officer, mentioning the following details listed below.
- Assessee Address.
- Name of the Assessee.
- Duplicate PAN card details.
- Details of the PAN card to be returned.
After you complete writing a request letter, submit it to the Jurisdictional A.O officer. Then, take the acknowledge copy of the PAN cancellation letter. Thus, the PAN card cancellation process is over. There is no need for the taxpayers to visit the Income tax department to surrender the duplicate PAN card through this process. Automatically your duplicate PAN card is surrendered, there is no necessity to check PAN card cancellation status.
- Otherwise, the taxpayer who is owing the Duplicate PAN card must fill the form 49A and submit it to any NSDL TIN facilitation centre. It is one of the methods of cancellation of PAN card offline.
Surrender PAN Card Due To Individual’s Death
The Surrender of PAN card is compulsory in case of death of individuals. Because there is no use of the PAN if the person dies. Anyone of the PAN Card holders family numbers can surrender PAN. What you need to do is, you have to go to the assessee officer and informing that the death of the PAN holder. You need to mention the reason for PAN card Surrender as the “demise of the PAN holder”. You need to submit the following for the Surrender of PAN.
- Death Certificate of the deceased.
- PAN card Number.
- Name and Date of birth of the Deceased person.
The above-given process is same for all the others including the NRI’s and all other categories of PAN card holders.
PAN Card Cancellation Status
The Income tax department newly started a website named “Sparsh India”. This website helps the assessee to check the complaints related to PAN card who applied through NSDL or UTIITSL. Therefore all the taxpayers who applied through online for PAN Card Cancellation can visit Sparsh India website to get their Duplicate PAN cancellation status.
After the “surrendering additional PAN“, you can meet the assesses to informing him that the
Visit our site regularly for updates regarding PAN Card Details.