Step by Step process to Know your TAN is as follows. The persons who are in charge of collecting or deducting tax on payments are required to Know TAN Number. The Income Tax Department provided the service named ‘Know Your TAN’ with which you can Track TAN Details easily by Name or TAN Number.
Why should you Know Your TAN ?
TAN (Tax Deduction Account Number/ Tax Collection Account Number) is a 10-digit alphanumeric number issued by IT Department. Every person who is responsible for TDS (Tax Deduction at Source) or TCS (Tax Collection at Source) is required to obtain the TAN Number. So as per Section 203A, those persons are required to apply for TAN. In some documents like TDS statements, TCS statements, Annual Information Return, TDS/TCS certificates, Challans for payment of TDS/TCS, etc. it is mandatory to quote TAN No. However, a person deducting tax under section 194-IA is not required to obtain a TAN. Instead, he can use the PAN Number.
In case if you forget your TAN number while filing above mentioned documents, this Know Your TAN service is very helpful. You should not submit the documents without TAN Number because it may lead to the penalty of Rs. 10,000 for not quoting TAN Number. So why to take such risk, just enter your name and Know Your TAN No here. You may not carry your TAN Number everywhere and all the time. So in such cases, you can know TAN Number Online. Nowadays everything has become online. Follow the below sections and know your PAN TAN Jurisdiction in a quick way.
Steps to Know your TAN
- Select the Search Type i.e. whether you want to know your TAN by Name or TAN Number.
- From the drop-down, select the Category of deductor.
- Select the state where your TAN Number is registered.
- Enter the Name in the given block.
- Finally, enter the Captcha Code and click on search.
- Now, you can Know Your TAN details along with the PAN Number.
This is the simple process with which you can also Know your PAN, TAN Jurisdiction Details, etc. If you want to Know your TAN select the search type as Name. If you want to Know TAN Jurisdiction details, select the search type as ‘TAN’. The above-mentioned procedure is the simple way to know your TAN. To know the detailed process and more about the jurisdiction details you need to follow the below sections.
|Click here to Know Your Jurisdiction||Click here to Know Your PAN|
Login to Know your TAN for Registered User
The tax deductors or collectors who want to know your TAN Number can login here. We are providing some processing steps in the below sections to know ur TAN Number. So, you can follow the mentioned Login steps to know your TAN details.
- First of all, go to the official site or make use of the link given below.
- Left side you can see the ‘Know your PAN | TAN | AO’ in the Services field.
- Carefully, click on “TAN”. Then, the login page appears as shown in below image.
- Enter your Login ID and other necessary details like Date of Birth, Password, and Captcha.
- Click on Login so that your TAN Details will appear on the screen.
Note: User ID for Login is PAN of Tax Payee.
How to Register to Know TAN Details for New User?
If you are not a registered user or if you don’t have an account in the Income Tax Portal, then you can register now. On successful Registration, you can know your TAN through Login.
- In the login page, it will ask to Register Now if you are New user.
- A Registration form appears on the screen as shown in the figure.
- Select the User Type and Click on Continue.
- Fill the Basic details like PAN, Surname, First Name, Middle Name, and Date of Birth.
- Click on Submit and you will be directed to the Step 2: Registration Form.
- Enter Password Details, Contact Details, Address Details, and Captcha Code. The Password should contain Special Character, Number, and Alphabet.
- Fill the form without any mistakes otherwise, it will not accept your form.
- The * mark columns are mandatory to fill.
- After filling the form click on submit button.
- Your Registration Process is successfully completed and your Transaction ID, Mail ID and Phone Number appears on the screen.
- An activation link will be sent to your EMAIL ID. Open that Mail and click on the link to active your Account.
- On clicking that, you will receive an OTP PIN to your Registered mobile number.
- You will see an activation page with the Mobile pin on the screen.
- Enter the OTP PIN on that column and click on Submit.
- Your ID will get activated successfully.
- Now, you can click on Login and Enter your PAN Number, Name, Date of Birth, etc in the corresponding blocks.
- If you want to link your Aadhaar number with your PAN Card, then enter your Aadhaar number.
- Click on the Link Now button as shown in the figure to Activate your Aadhaar with your PAN.
- Finally, you can know your TAN Details through Login.
Know TAN Number Online
You can visit the Income Tax Department to know the TAN status, Jurisdictional details like AO Code, Type, Range Code, Building Name, etc. But why to waste your valuable time just to Know your TAN No & Status? The Income Tax Department is providing its online services for your convenience. Now you can know your Jurisdiction, PAN, TAN and everything through Online. So, let us know the process to Know ur TAN Online by Name or TAN Number.
The IT Department is providing its online services through the portal incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. To get the accurate details about TAN using this portal is the best way. So, if you want to know TAN no online through official site follow the below steps. You can Know your TAN Details by Name or TAN no. If you want to know ur TAN number by Name, follow the first method. If you want to Know TAN Jurisdiction Details by TAN Number, follow the second method.
TAN Number Search by Name
- Visit the official site incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in or make use of the link provided below.
- In that official site, you can find ‘Services’ on the left side of the page.
- There you can see ‘Know your PAN | TAN | AO’ as shown below.
- Click on TAN carefully, as there are three links relating to PAN, AO, and TAN.
- Now login with your User ID and Password.
- Then the ‘Know your TAN’ page opens as shown below.
- By default, the search button is selected with Name. So, no need to change that.
- Next select the category of deductor i.e. whether Central/State Government or Company/Firm or Individual/HUF, etc. from the drop-down.
- Select the state where your TAN Number is registered.
- Now enter the Name which is a mandatory field.
- Enter the Captcha code as shown in the image and click on search.
- If you not able to remember the full name that was given in the application, you can enter the first name or name starting. Then the list of Companies/Firms, etc. will be displayed below.
- From that list, you can select your required name.
- You can get all the TAN Details like Address, PAN, AO Code, Building Name, Range Code, etc.
As shown in the above image you can get the complete details with this Know your TAN application. To know TAN jurisdiction there is no need to visit the Income Tax office because the AO code details are also displayed here as shown in the image.
TAN Verification by TAN Number
- Visit the official site incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in or utilize the link provided below.
- In that official site, you can see ‘Know your PAN | TAN | AO’ in the ‘Services’ block on the left side as shown below.
- Click on TAN carefully. So that ‘Know your TAN’ page opens.
- In the search field select the option as ‘TAN’ because here you are going to Verify TAN details using your TAN Number.
- Select the Category of the Deductor and the State in which your TAN registered.
- Enter the 10-digit alphanumeric TAN in the block which is the mandatory field.
- Enter the captcha code as shown in the image and click on Search button.
- Now, you will get all the TAN card details as shown below.
The resulting page for both Search by Name and Search by TAN is same. But for Search by Name, there is no need to enter the TAN number. Here the Name and Search Type is Mandatory. For Search by TAN, you need to enter the TAN No. Here the TAN Number and Search Type is Mandatory.
Know your TAN Jurisdiction Building Name
By following above process you can just know TAN Building Name, you will not get the complete address of TAN Jurisdiction. The Jurisdiction for TAN is same as PAN. So, follow the below process and Know your TAN Jurisdiction easily.
- Visit the official website www.incometaxindia.gov.in or click on the direct link below.
- In the ‘Important Links’ field, you can find the jurisdiction block.
- Click on Jurisdiction and you will get the list of all states as shown below.
- Click on the state you belong.
- The PDF will be displayed with all the Jurisdiction Building Addresses.
- With the Building Name, search the detailed address in that PDF and Know your Jurisdiction TAN Building Name.
Note: Also, you can track pan card by using this Know your TAN. On entering your Name or TAN number, it shows the TAN details along with PAN Number. So you can know your PAN along with TAN.
For more details regarding PAN Card Status, TAN etc. visit our site www.trackpancard.com regularly.